Thursday, December 15, 2011

Saving An Additional 114 Dollars Each Month

Last week on my days off I spent about an hour and 1/2 on two phone calls.  The first call was to cancel my home phone.  I had been a customer for 21 years (amazing). Really for about the last 2 years due to my screwy work schedule, I wasn't using the phone much.  I would un-plug it because I desperately needed to sleep in the morning and in the afternoon and I was just inundated with phone solicitors.  I would un-plug the phone and leave it un-plugged for weeks on end.  I just decided that it had become a huge waste of money.  $43 per month. 
The next call was to my cell phone company.  My daughter and her boyfriend got their own cell plan so there was just no need to keep her line.  So my hubby and I combined our lines on a family plan, and my line alone was about $82 per month.  Then, there are some additional savings going to happen too, because we ended up with a credit from the cell phone company for switching things up.  But the monthly savings will add up to $114 dollars.  That is a fantastic savings for a little time spent on the phone.  Obviously I was spending too much money and am happy that I wised up!! 
What are you wasting your money on???
Have a Fabulous & Frugal Day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment