Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving And Left Overs

I just really love Thanksgiving it is one of my favorite holidays.  I also love the 4th of July. Anyway back to what I really love about Thanksgiving is the food, and the family.  It is a time of eating and sharing company with others.  No stress about presents yet.  I love cooking once and eating for days to come.  I love being thankful and showing my appreciation to my family. 
I love my family so much that today I made split pea and ham soup, out of the ham left overs and what was left on the veggie tray.  The ham bone still has enough fat on it that I stuck it in the freezer to make with beans in the weeks to come. 
In have not had to eat out all week, I have had turkey, turkey sandwiches, ham, ham sandwiches, stuffing, fruit salad, jello salad.....  my daughter ate all the mashed potatoes and green bean bake, but that is fine with me. 
I made 5 pans of cinnamon rolls and took them to work on Thanksgiving day to share with the poor souls working the holiday. They were a big hit, there were not any left the next day when I got to work. 
I am Thankful for my family and friends....  I am thankful for my job, and thankful I have learned how to budget, pay off debt, and build an emergency fund.  I am thankful for my house and the great neighborhood in which I live.  I am thankful that I live in a wonderful country....  and most of all this year I am thankful that my son is home safe from Iraq. 
I hope each and everyone of you had a wonderful holiday.
Have a Fabulous & Frugal Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment