Monday, January 2, 2012

Homemade Dishwasher Soap

Happy New Year!!!  My goals are to pay off debt and live as frugally as possible.  I am also going to add to my Emergency fund this year.  What are your goals or resolutions for this year? 
Here is a recipe I found for Dishwasher soap...  I will be making up a batch of this and giving it a try. 

Homemade Dishwasher Soap


I make my own soap by using 1/2 cup Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda and 1/2 cup Borax 20 Mule Team. I use about 2 tablespoons in the dishwasher compartment. I've also added Citric Acid (from either canning products or tang) if needed. To tell if Citric Acid is needed, look at your silverware. If it seem to be a little gray then check your dishwasher book and it will tell you what to add and how much. My silverware has actually been sparklier with this than the expensive dishwasher tabs.

Have a Fabulous & Frugal Day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment