Saturday, December 25, 2010

How to Begin Saving

Hi there, saving money is never easy and especially if you are new at it, I have tips and strategies for getting started and sticking with the savings plan. I only recently began saving in 2009. I started out with 5 dollars a week which was equal to 25.00 a month. I did this for 4 months and decided that it was not hard to save 5.00 a week, so I went up to 10.00 a week. I also did this for 6 months, so then I decided that I wanted to save 100.00 a month… So, what I did was take 5% of my income and on my payday I would calculate 5% and put it in my savings account. I have done this type of savings for basically a year now. Also, anytime I cash in cans and bottles or I get a check for my birthday or for Christmas….. I take that amount no matter how small it is and put it in my savings account. My new goal for my first Paycheck in January is now 10%. I believe that if you start small, and then work your way up it is far less painful. I also can tell you having that money in my savings account has saved me from having to put car repairs on my credit cards, at least the entire amount anyway ;-)
Think of this method of saving like the old drip coffee pots.  A drip here and a drip there, and pretty soon, you have a full pot.


Happy Savings and a very Happy New Year to all of you.....  Have a Fabulous & Frugal Day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment