Saturday, April 17, 2010

Book Review // Bitches on a Budget

I am reading Bitches on a Budget by Rosalyn Hoffman. Chapter one is all about shopping for clothes and maintaing the clothes that you have. Chapter one is not for the faint of heart. If you are used to shopping at Neiman Marcus, the suggestion is to shop at Target... My thoughts are why shop at Target when you can get it at Goodwill. I am apparenly of a lower class than the book is aimed at.
Chapter two is all about grooming and maintaining your appearance. Chapter 2 is very usefull information for budget grooming tips. Chapter 3 is about staying healthy and excercising on a budget. The basic idea is to not pay gym membership fees, quit watching TV and get moving. Chapter 4 is home maintenance and decorating tips. My favorite tip was for de-cluttering your house (which I need to do) and for buying artwork from local artists. I am about 1/2 way through the book and I would recommend reading this book. It is funny and quirky and the information is very frugal and very good.
I am just starting on Chapter 5.... so I will finish this review when the book is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment