Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Depressing Work Environment

I agree with all of you...  Yes, the economy is bleak at best, but there are things that you can do, to make it better, make it fun, and make it not so depressing.  Yesterday was payday, and I happen to work for a County Government Office that pays the employees on the last working day of the month.  Yes, it is darn hard (sometimes) to stretch it out and make it last, but after 5 years, I have become quite the pro at stretching a dollar.  Topic of conversations at work included one of my co-workers complaining that she barely makes enough money to pay her bills, there is no way possible she could even stick 20 dollars in a savings account because it takes every dime she makes.  This coming from the same person who eats McDonald's daily, is an animal hoarder, gets acrylic nails and manicures a couple of times a month, has the most current cell phone with the Internet plan, And is forever calling her mom while at work to send her money for odds and ends.  I know there is no use talking about saving money with someone like that, I have tried.  I get shot down in flames.
I am not trying to pass judgement here.....  It is just hard to listen to all of the complaining and negativity when there are things people can do to make life less expensive and put something away in savings.  Heck I started my savings plan with 5 dollars a week.  I think the world is full of complainers, and I am glad I am pro-active and getting my debt paid off and saving as much as I can.  I do know that I am more appreciative of the little things and the free things in life.  It really is all about perspective. What are you willing to do to improve your financial situation?

Have a Fabulous & Frugal Day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment