Sunday, June 19, 2011

House Remodel

I apologize for not posting recently.  My whole life is discombobulated, due to a house remodel project.  I have been wanting new floors for several years, and my husband decided a few days after my daughter graduated that we would rent a storage shed and rip up the carpet.  So about 11 days ago, we boxed up stuff, threw stuff away and moved out all of the furniture.  Boy, 20 years of accumulation was a bit over whelming at times. Then we spent a day ripping up the carpet and padding.  Then it was time for thin set and hardy backer board.  Then, my husband decided that we would paint the living room and the dining room.  The next day we started laying tile.  So far....  my dining room and kitchen are the only rooms that have floors...  But it really looks much better, and I am excited for the end results. 
I want to remind you that I am still working and I work graveyard and night cover shift at the moment, my husband has retired for the time being so he has all the free time in the world.  I on the other hand am tired. 
I do not mean to sound like an ungrateful whiner, but I am kind of in remodel hell.  I cannot use my stove, so we can use the microwave and my refrigerator is in the living room.  We have been eating fruit and sandwiches for the most part.  We have no furniture so sitting for a break is on a lawn chair.  I do have my bedroom and bathroom in tact, and thank goodness, because I still need to go to work.
I know that being frugal and doing the remodel ourselves will save tons of money......  We just have to sacrifice our time, and our comfort.....but I do know that good things come to those who wait.  So far we have spent about a thousand dollars on supplies, tools and paint.  A friend of mine remodeled her bathroom about a year and 1/2 ago and hired contractors....she spent 9 thousand dollars and that was just on one room.  I will post pictures soon.
Have a Fabulous & Frugal Day!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment