Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Happiness

I read a most disturbing article yesterday....Oregon Suicide Rate Tops U.S., By Far...... got me thinking (oh no). Is it a chemical imbalance? Is it overall dissatisfaction? Is it job loss, the economy? Is it divorce or death? Do the majority of people in my State bring on this depression themselves? I have come to the conclusion that happy people do not commit suicide.

I have decided that I must be content and happy and here are my strategies:

Work~ I don't always love my job but I am grateful to have it.
I try to associate with the positive people at work, and in life, and ignore the negative people....they tend to be to "toxic" for my well being.

I try to get adequate sleep and exercise.

I don't worry about "Keeping Up With The Jones's" (I don't want their payments)

I read books and listen to music that I like, and find inspiring.

I try not to spread myself too thin, with too much on my plate. I find it too stressful and it makes me feel crabby. I try to have balance and sometimes I have to re-evaluate my activities on a daily basis.

I try not to be too hard or over critical of myself.

When I do "get down in the dumps" I change my focus, and take it "One Day at a Time"

Have a Fabulous & Frugal Day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment