Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Preparing for the Holidays

I know, I know. It is not even Halloween yet, and I am planning for Thanksgiving and Christmas. For me, it is crucial to get my plan in place. I only get paid once a month, so I really need to plan ahead. I am on the lookout for coupons right now to stock up and start getting the canned food supplies and things I can stick in the freezer for gourmet fabulous meals for the Holidays. I know I want Turkey for Thanksgiving, and will be planning the menu soon. As far as Christmas goes, I have made my list of family members, friends and co-workers for gift giving. I have really been checking out various websites for home made gifts. Also while I have been out on my thrift store adventures, I have come across 3 suitable gifts (brand new, still in the original boxes and one even still has the price tag on) for the lucky recipients on my list. So far I have picked up PJ's for my mom, and 2 fabulous books for my dad and my sister. My daughter is getting a silver necklace that I got on clearance...I have everything hidden and tucked away, and I am looking forward to adding to my stash this week. This is my strategy for the Holidays in a futile attempt to be ready and not have to use any credit cards for any unexpected gifts. I like to be done early with Christmas gifts too. I do not have to run around like a chicken with my head cut off, and I can mail my gifts to out of state family right after Thanksgiving. I plan on having a Fabulous & Frugal holiday season!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment