Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Left Overs

Happy Thanksgiving!!!  Now that the big meal is done and over, here come's my favorite part...the Left Overs.
I just love turkey sandwiches, and mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy.  I will eat this for the next several days and not grow tired of it.

I made a pan of turkey enchiladas, I boiled the turkey carcass, and picked the meat off all of the bones, I took a can of green chili enchilada sauce and used 1/2 the can to line the bottom of a cake pan. 
I took a tub of sour cream and mixed it with a can of cream of chicken soup and a can of diced green chilies.
I used 10 tortilla shells.  put this sour cream mixture in the middle of the tortilla and a handful of turkey meat.
rolled them up like burritos and put them in the cake pan.  When the pan was full of enchiladas, I mixed the rest of the enchilada sauce with the sour cream mixture and poured it over the top of the rolled up tortillas.
I topped it with grated cheddar cheese and olives and baked it at 350 for 30 minutes until the cheese was all bubbly. 
Very easy and very tasty...... 

Now.... the broth from the boiled turkey....  I skimmed off the fat, loaded it up in a ziplock freezer bag, and stuck it in the freezer.  I will use this broth for a batch of home made soup in a week or two. 
Have a Fabulous & Frugal Day!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment