Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Easy & Creative Food Ideas

Today for an easy and creative change of pace, I made a pancake breakfast sandwich.  1 pancake cut in 1/2 with peanut butter and jelly made a perfect little breakfast sandwich.  For lunch today I am having rice-a-roni and mandarin oranges.  I have my Starbucks travel coffee mug, that I always take coffee in and sometimes I even make tea in it. Bringing my own coffee saves me from having to stop at a quickie mart or Starbucks in order to have a cup of Joe. Money saved right there is about 4 dollars. I am prepared for the day ahead of me. Saving money does not need to be complicated, use what you have on hand.  Utilize left overs, if you just can't do left overs, put them in the freezer and eat them later in the week or the next week.  My goal here is to not waste food, there is real savings here.  Also, it saves me from spending 5 to 7 dollars a day eating out.  I figure with this 5 to 7 dollars that I am not spending on eating out, and the 4 dollars or so I save by not buying coffee, I will pay my debt down faster. 

Have a Fabulous & Frugal day.

No comments:

Post a Comment