Thursday, March 24, 2011

Frugal Dieting

Ah, yes it is that time of year for me to think about slimming down, after this bitter cold, and full of snow winter that we had.  I wintered well....  gained 13 pounds.  I know it will be easier to drop some of it too as soon as the weather is nicer. I like to be outside, gardening, and working in the yard and going for walks.  In the meantime, I have cut back on my calories and upped my fiber intake.  I have been eating a lot of the Progresso Light Soup, my favorite is the Italian Garden Vegetable, Zero Points on Weight Watchers.  Ok, also I have been eating the Laughing Cow Cheese and the Extra Fiber Wheat Thins.  Then, the rest of the time I have been eating apples, bananas, oranges, carrots, and those snap pea pods.  I guess I am sort of rambling here....  but where I wanted to go was to the Websites of National Brands that I have been consuming, I was under the impression that if you visit their websites you can get coupons.  Well I could not find any place on sites to get coupons....so I am perplexed.  I check out the Sunday paper coupons, and will definitely keep any eye out for coupons for my favorite diet foods. 
I have also discovered that reading labels and checking the fiber, calories and fat in each item has really been an eye opener. 
I have only lost 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks, but I just know that Spring is coming and it will be much easier for me to eat healthier and lighter....  and hopefully keep dropping pounds.

Have a Fabulous & Frugal Day !!!! 

1 comment:

  1. By the way I picked up oranges for 49 cents a pound today... so really check out what fruit and veggies are in season...they will be much easier on your wallet, not to mention your waist line ;-)

    ReplyDelete