Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patricks Day

Happy St. Patricks Day.........
Hope you all have green on today so that you may avoid getting pinched. 

Green is the color of money, and I am all about saving money.  I have been on my journey of saving money now and paying off my debt for almost 2 years.  I have made great progress, and have had many trials along the way. 
I started by making a budget.  Recording everything coming in.... and everything going out.  I realized there were a few areas that I could cut back on, mainly groceries and entertainment.  To cut back on groceries I started using coupons with a vengeance, and for entertainment, I just cut back, I also started reading more books for entertainment.  I really don't go out to the bars very often anymore and when I do, I stay away from the Lottery Machines.  My husband and I now only go during dollar beer time.  I also stopped eating out so much.  I used to eat out every week, Now I only eat out about twice a month.  I also started cooking the majority of my meals at home, and packing my lunch to take to work.
In the last almost 2 years, I have paid my car off, and paid off 3 of my credit cards.  I have managed to build a savings account.  I now have a thousand in my savings account, or emergency fund.  I also have a small stash in a safe place.  You just never know when something will come up that you need cash and the bank may not be opened.
It has taken me awhile to pay down debt and establish my savings account, it has taken patience, time and determination.  I would not go back to my "old" ways.  I really put my heart and ambition into becoming debt free, and I am so thankful I did not have to go through Consumer Credit Counseling.

Have a Fabulous & Frugal Day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment